Friday, May 22, 2009

18 Boxes and 2 Suitcases Later…

I am finally all unpacked and organized! It’s felt very strange being home – it feels as if I’m only visiting and will be back in D.C. next week.

Towards the end of the internship, I couldn’t wait to go home. I counted down the days and hours until my plane left from Ronald Reagan. Now, I really wish I could be back. Don’t get me wrong, I’m so glad I could finally see my friends and family, but I really miss everyone back in D.C. This whole week has felt odd since I could sleep in until whenever I felt like it and do whatever I wanted. I didn’t have to wake up at 6:30am every morning to get to work by 8:30am (although, to tell you the truth, I do miss it a little). I miss seeing my office and all the attorneys, especially the three women I worked so closely with all semester.

If you are planning on coming to D.C. to intern, then be ready for it to change your life. You might not realize it at first, but this experience really does have a huge impact on you. I can’t believe the decisions I have made for my future (hopefully for the best) based on this internship and the friends I have made. I will be back one day!

No comments:

Post a Comment