Thursday, May 14, 2009

The Beginning of the End

Yesterday was the TWC commencement ceremony. It was a two hour event that involved speakers, civic engagement projects, and photos of various interns. I usually felt like I did not know anyone here, save for my small group of friends. As I watched the slideshow and saw other interns at the program, I realized I knew more people than I thought. I have made great friendships that I hope to continue for a very long time.

As stated in previous posts, I have been volunteering with Offender Aid and Restoration (OAR) on a consistent basis. I really love the connection I made with volunteers and clients alike, and I love the feeling of knowing I helped someone achieve something. Last Thursday was my last day to volunteer since I have to pack this week. The coordinator, Richard, gave a small speech to the group of people at OAR that night about me, and I was really touched. Here was someone I had only met a couple months ago, yet he was speaking to me and about me as though he had known me my whole life. I already feel like a piece of me is missing.

This last weekend I took time to walk around The District and take in some museums and monuments. I am really going to miss this city, and all it has to offer. I like the Metro, but I can not wait to have my car back!

Oh, and that class that was extremely difficult to me? I made an A- in it!

No comments:

Post a Comment